Repair Inspection Checklist
Your car or truck is repaired and all set to roll out, but exactly how do you know if the job was handled correctly? These are a few simple steps from Car Craft Oakville that you should take to examine what’s been repaired on your car and make sure all things are working like they should be. Car Craft Oakville also services vehicles in Mehlville, Arnold, and Lemay, Missouri.
1. When collecting your automobile, leave a minimum of thirty minutes to finish the procedure.
2. You should ask to check out the car with the person who penned the estimation or provides the repair to the customer.
3. Be ready to ask questions and never be reluctant to go to the trouble necessary to assess the repairs.
4. Have a duplicate of the original estimate with you and compare with the final invoice.
5. Read the final invoice and make sure they clarify it for you. The final bill should be comprehensive (they ought to go around your vehicle with you).
6. If it is raining ask to examine the vehicle interior and undercover – clear away the water to see the paint.
7. Ensure all new parts were put in where possible.
8. Be sure that the paint matches (color, darker, lighter).
9. Check the spaces around the doors, trunk lid, and hood. Breaks ought to be uniform if your auto body repair was done properly.
10. Open up the doors/trunk/hood and check for polish/rubbing substance.
11. Look at the mileage (Many cars have to be test driven so you will see a few miles driven by the repairer).
12. Look at the fuel level (should have been taken into account at drop-off).
13. If the car required an alignment, get a copy of the before and after printout (ought to be within factory specification tolerances).
14. If the vehicle had any sort of structural damage have a copy of the before and after printout (ought to be within factory specification tolerances).
15. Check to make sure that the radio works well.
16. Switch on the heating and A/C blower fan (be mindful as debris might come out of vents).
17. Check all dash warning lights to be certain none are on.
18. Look at the vehicle external lights if replaced.
19. Tell the tow truck to bring your automobile to Car Craft Oakville because they've got the experience needed to get you back on the road faster.